Hazardous trees on your home or property can create costly damage from falling branches. However, tree trimming can negate this result and improve the overall aesthetic and maintain the health, integrity, and structure of your trees.
Regular tree trimming is important because it ensures that all the dead and diseased portions are safely removed. We trim every type of tree, including fruit trees, to both beautify and increase fruit production.
Why Should I Trim My Trees?
- Safety. Dead, dying, and diseased branches are a hazard for your home as well as the potential of branches falling on a person.
- Health. Removing diseased branches will prevent the disease from spreading to other branches. A thin canopy allows sunlight and airflow to the tree.
- Appearance. Trimmed and Pruned trees simply look better. They maintain the value and aesthetics of your property.
When Should I Trim My Trees?
The most optimal time to trim and prune is during the late winter/early spring while they are dormant, before they spring new buds.
Tree Pruning during the dormant season is ideal because:
- The wounds heal faster, making the tree stronger.
- Less risk of disease or pest infestation.
- Less sap flowing. Bleeding sap isn’t harmful, but it’s messy and can attract pests.
- With leaves gone, it’s easier for us to access the tree and see what we are doing.
We can do the following throughout the year:
- Trim smaller branches.
- Shape hedges, conifers, and shrubs.
- Remove dead/diseased branches. It is important to remove weakened branches.
What Is The Cost Of Tree Trimming?
Tree pruning not only improves the health and appearance of your trees, but removing dead limbs eliminates serious hazards. You could be completely unaware of how much tree trimming costs until it becomes necessary.
Cost varies according to a number of factors:
- Size - larger trees have more branches and thus are more time consuming and costly
- Elapsed time since your last trimming/pruning
- Accessibility to the tree
- Tree Health
- Emergency Services
Although tree pruning services can be costly, it is important to let the Ark-O-Mo tree service experts handle these for you and err on the side of safety. Tree limbs/branches near power lines can also be highly dangerous, and we are well equipped to mitigate this danger.